Not the healthiest recipe that I’ve posted, but it sure is delicious and filled with loads of cinnamon yumminess!
Also, Joe asked if we can make them, he has me wrapped around his little finger, so I was game! New recipe, my best recipe tester/helper…how could I say no?!
Cinnamon rolls, are fairly easy to make and if you have bread making knowledge, you could probably do it with your eyes closed! These are very basic and this recipe is a simple one. You can add raisins, chocolate chips, or even dried fruits to give it extra dazzle, but I’ve kept these filled with cinnamon, sugar and butter!
- 1 packet of instant yeast (10g)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of butter (halved)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 TBSP of cinnamon
- 1/4 cups of sugar + 1 TBSP (divided)
- Set your oven to 180C
- In a sauce pan, add your milk and the first butter half. Bring to heat until the butter has just melted. Do not boil the milk. Remove from heat and transfer to a bug mixing bowl.
- Once the milk and butter mix is tepid, sprinkle your yeast over the liquid and give it a stir, leave to stand for 10 minutes, this helps activate the yeast.
- Now add the 1 TBSP of sugar and salt. Give this a quick stir. Next add 1/2 cup of flour at a time, keep incorporating the flour, until you get a rough ball of dough.
- On a clean surface, knead your dough for about 10 minutes (give it loads of love) Transfer the dough into a lightly oiled bowl and over with cling. Leave to rest for at least 1 hour or until I doubles in size.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough, into a thin rectangle and brush with the remaining butter and sprinkle with loads of cinnamon sugar.
- Roll it up, baby!
- Cut into 10 equal pieces and place them into a grease baking dish, leaving space in between them for the second rise. Cover in cling and leave to prove for 15 minutes.
- Brush with any remaining butter and bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly golden.
Side note : I made a very quick sour cream frosting, well not so much a frosting, more like a sweetened sour cream.
1 cup sour cream : icing sugar to taste
This helps keep it slightly healthier!
One thought on “Cinnamon Goodness”